Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully, and see our FAQ’s for more help.
By signing the agreement you ‘’The Booker’’ are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions of “20th Century Sounds” which form part of the agreement details as stated within.
The booking form must be returned within 5 days to guarantee the date of the function, together with this form signed and dated. We reserve the right to re-allocate the date to other clients should the relevant paperwork not be returned to us within this time frame.
Payments and deposits
All bookings MUST be accompanied with a non refundable deposit of £50.00 this then guarantees the date you require, deposits can be made via our paypal account from this site by bank transfer or by personal cheque made payable to Mr Russell Hawkins
Deposits can be made by cheque, cash or card via our facebook page direct to paypal please ask for details. The balance and or the total fee MUST be received by us before the start of the event and in cash only NO PAYMENT NO MUSIC.
The terms of this agreement do not allow for cancellation other than by mutual consent of both parties and confirmed in writing.
20th Century Sounds will charge the following fees should a cancellation occur:
Up to 30 days off the function date – the deposit paid
After 30 days off the function date – the full contracted fee
The balance and or the total fee MUST be received by us before the start of the event and in cash only NO PAYMENT NO MUSIC.
- It is the booker’s responsibility to check that any venue being used has all the necessary Entertainment and Liquor licenses.
- It is the bookers legal responsibility to comply with and ensure that current Health and Safety regulations are in place and any place of performance is fit for the use intended. A safe electrical supply must be provided. All outside situations (Marquees / Outbuildings) must be dry and undercover and made safe for electrical use and insulated from the ground. Ensure that there is sufficient TOTAL electrical power available for all of the service equipment and other contractors using the facilities.
- A minimum clear floor space is required of 2.5 Metres x 2 Metres with a head height of 2.2 metres. With a minimum of 2 x 13 amp power sockets within 5 metres of the set up area. If other additional entertainment is booked adequate floor space must be available for all the performers and changing facilities provided if required.
- At least 60 minutes is required for setting up and 45 minutes to dismantle and reloading equipment. This must be taken into account when planning any arrangements. If required an earlier set up time can be made by arrangement. (Before your guests arrive or before the meal) however this will be charged separately at £10 per hour plus mileage at 45p per mile both ways.
- In the event of any damage to or loss of any equipment or materials provided by the DJ for the purpose of the performance by any occurrence or by person/s on the premises, the booker shall be liable to pay in full for the repair or replacement cost of equipment and the hire of necessary equipment or materials during replacement time, and to compensate for any loss of work due to that damage or loss.
- The booker realises that whilst we have excellent DJ back up in place and every reasonable safeguard is assured, we cannot be held responsible for the weather or logistic problems, any DJ illness, sudden malfunction or breakdown of any electrical equipment, as this is an unavoidable occurrence and is outside of our control. We will, however, make every reasonable effort to rectify the situation. In the extremely unlikely occurrence of a non-performance or if a total failure occurs, the booker will be refunded the total fee in full. In this situation this will be the full extent of our liability to the booker no other compensation will be made.
- Any delayed set up time or subsequent delayed start time due to the overrun of any prior proceedings or of situations being outside of our control will not warrant any extension of the stated finish time or any fee reduction. However, at the sole discretion of the DJ and with the permission of the venue management, an extension of these performing times may be made. The DJ will charge an additional fee. This fee must be paid in cash to the DJ before any extra time commences.
- No other persons or performers may use any of our equipment without expressed permission.
- Smoke machines can only be used with the prior written consent of the venue management.
- Children must be supervised by others at all times we are not child minders and any damage by them to our equipment is the bookers responsibility
- The booker is responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event whether those persons are invited or not. We do not take any responsibility for controlling rowdy behaviour or ejecting unwanted persons from the venue. Our DJ’s have the right to perform in a safe environment. We reserve the right to terminate our services should any physical verbal abuse or intimidating actions be made to the DJ, venue staff or any of those persons present at the event. In these circumstances no refund will be given.
I have read the above and agree to these terms and conditions from 20th Century Sounds.
Signed and Printed:…………………………………….